- Michigan Above-Ground Survey Manual
The Michigan Above-Ground Survey Manual provides information regarding approaches to identification, documentation, and evaluation of historic above-ground sites, buildings, and features in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Identification, Evaluation, and Preservation Planning.
- Schedule a Research Appointment
How to schedule a research appointment at the State Historic Preservation Office.
- Michigan State Historic Preservation Office Style Guide
Specific standards for drafting text for National Register nominations, survey reports, and other narrative documents in Michigan.
- Historian/Architectural Historian Consultants List
A list of consultants who meet or exceed federal professional qualifications for "Historian" and/or "Architectural Historian" as defined in 36 CFR Part 61.
- Historian/Architectural Historian Consultant List Update Form
New and currently listed historians and architectural historians can use this form to add or edit the information listed in the consultants list. Please note SHPO staff must approve all changes before they are published.