Utility Allowance Policy LIHTC 06/15/2010
Recent Updates For Compliance Monitoring:
If you have questions regarding the information below, please call 517-241-2560 or email our Compliance Monitoring Division.
Utility Allowance Policy for LIHTC Projects:
On June 15, 2010 MSHDA published its final Utility Allowance Policy. This policy describes utility allowance methods that LIHTC Developments can use.
- Utility Allowance Questions and Comments (PDF)
- Utility Allowance Preamble (PDF) Provides an overview of the forms and reference documents used in applying the new methods.
- Utility Allowance Policy For LIHTC Projects (PDF)
- Utility Allowance Quick Reference Chart (PDF)
- Utility Allowance Instructions For Agency Estimates (Actual Consumption Method) (PDF)
- Consumption Data Certification Workbook (Excel) Includes instructions, consumption data collection spreadsheets, and Utility Allowance Owner's Certification for owner certification of data accuracy.
- Resident Release Authorization Form - Provides a sample resident authorization for utility company to release resident consumption data to owner/management agent:
Resident Release Authorization Form (PDF)
Resident Release Authorization Form (Word)
- Treasury Regulation 1.42-10
MSHDA anticipates that ongoing review of the Utility Allowance Policy and Procedures will lead to further refinements and improvements.
Questions and Comments may be submitted by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "UA Policy Comments" in subject line.