The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Home Inspections and Property Checklist
Your Realtor® is taking you to view homes for sale - how do you compare them in order to make the right decision for the right house?
We've made that comparison a little easier for you with a Property Checklist:
- Complete the checklist for each home you tour to quickly compare the features of each home.
- Consider neighborhood influences; location of schools, busy streets, industrial or commercial developments, and condition of other homes in the immediate area.
- Hire a professional to conduct a property inspection once you have narrowed down your selection to one home.
A Home Inspection gives you more detailed information about the overall condition of the home. A qualified inspector takes an in-depth, unbiased look at your potential new home to:
- Evaluate the physical condition, structure, construction, and mechanical systems
- Identify items that need to be repaired or replaced
- Estimate the remaining useful life of the major systems, equipment, structure, and finishes