National Drug Endangered Children Awareness DayContact: Libby Gorton, Michigan Drug Endangered Children Alliance, 517-284-3251
April 22, 2020
Each year, the National Alliance for Drug Endangered Children recognizes the fourth Wednesday of April as a day to highlight the struggles facing children who are endangered by their caregivers’ drug use. This year’s DEC Awareness Day is Wednesday, April 22. This is a time to focus on children who are often left behind, and an opportunity for communities to collaborate on innovative programs to identify, protect, and support these children. Though many in-person activities are suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are numerous online resources for children and families affected by Substance Use Disorder (SUD). For more information, please visit the sites listed below.
- Sesame Street in Communities Project
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation Children’s Program
- National Association for Children of Addiction
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- National Criminal Justice Training Center at Fox Valley College free online training