Audio-Video Analysis Section
Forensic audio-video analysis is the scientific examination, evaluation, and comparison of audio-video in legal matters. The AVAS assists law enforcement agencies throughout Michigan with providing the most accurate representation of what was recorded at the scene of a crime in a fashion anyone can understand.
To request services, please complete the BID-007 - Request for Audio/Video Examination PDF.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) data extraction
- Analysis and processing (clarification of digital and analog audio and video)
- Scientifically process accurate images and movies from surveillance data
- Media exporting and transcoding for multiple platform playback
- Media repair
- Media duplication
- Courtroom presentation design
- Image/video comparison
- Reverse projection
- Expert reports and witness testimony
- Presentations of services offered, preservation of evidence, and best practices for recording locations