Salary and Benefits
Recruits are paid while attending the training academy. Upon graduation, a trooper's base salary is $50,000, not including overtime and shift premium, which increases to $73,000 after twenty years of service. All enlisted employees are provided with the required uniforms and equipment. A uniform cleaning allowance is also provided.
- Recruits receive pay and benefits during training
- Starting salary for a Trooper 10 position is approximately $50,000, not including overtime and shift premium
- After 20 years of service, a trooper's base salary increases to $73,000
- After six years of service, troopers receive longevity pay; a lump sum provided once a year based on time-in-service
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Troopers earn 13 vacation days in the first calendar year; additional vacation time is accrued based on years of service
- 13 paid sick days in a calendar year
- 12 paid holidays per year
NOTE: This information is subject to change with the effective dates of new labor contracts.