Salary and Benefits
- During their training, State Property Security Officer recruits receive bi-weekly salary of approximately $1,400.
- Starting salary for a State Property Security Officer 7 is approximately $32,700. The maximum salary for a State Property Security Officer position is approximately $53,000.
- After six years of service, State Property Security Officers receive longevity pay; a lump sum provided once a year based on time-in-service.
- State Property Security Officers receive health, dental, vision and life insurance from the State of Michigan. For more information about specific benefit packages, visit the Michigan Civil Service Commission Web site.
- State Property Security Officers earn 13 vacation days in the first calendar year, accrued four hours every two weeks. Additional vacation time is accrued based on years of service.
- State Property Security Officers earn 13 paid sick days in a calendar year, accrued four hours every two weeks.
- State of Michigan employees receive 12 paid holidays per year.
- State Property Security Officers are provided with required uniforms and equipment. A cleaning allowance is also provided.
For more information on benefits specific to State Property Security Officers, members of the Michigan State Employees Association bargaining unit, visit the Office of State Employer Web site.