Common Problems with Applications
Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination (DOT Physical)
- Same medical professional completes DOT physical and physician's statement of examination. (Must be two separate opinions<)
- Physician marks examination certification "meets standards," and issues a card. (Should be marked Does Not Meet standard, and no card issued.)
- Hearing and/or vision information omitted from examination report.
- Medical Examiner does not sign and date medical examination report.
Application Intrastate Medical Waiver
- The MC-027 or MC-030, Application for intrastate medical waiver, is incomplete. All requested information is required, including maximum miles, years experience, gross vehicle weight, disqualifying condition.
- Select disqualifying condition is requesting the medical condition such as diabetes or vision. Leaving it blank or putting none is not acceptable.
- The application is not signed by the company official or the applicant.
Vision Specialist Statement of Examination
- The examination is not complete. Required information, such as vision without glasses, progressive diseases, peripheral vision and ability to recognize the colors of a traffic signal are missing. The only optional information is the section on bioptic telescopic device.
Physician Specialist Statements
- All pages must be returned even if the section in not applicable. All sections that apply must be completed. Yes/No boxes in applicable sections are left blank.