After the Governor's announcement to close in-person teaching at schools across the state we wanted to provide an update as to what is expected from your S4SD campaigns.
We are respectfully requesting the following:
- We encourage students to stay engaged and continue to work on their campaigns remotely if possible.
- If you don’t already, please like and follow us on Facebook S4SD Facebook and Twitter S4SD Twitter for updates and posts showcasing this year’s S4SD campaigns.
- Please note: you are not obligated to adhere to all the guidelines to complete your final projects due to extenuating circumstances.
- Please send all photos of events and candid pictures of students working on S4SD campaigns (even if the photos are screen shots of an S4SD virtual meeting).
- Any remaining funds from this year should be applied next school year 2020-2021. Please do not return funds.
- We also encourage students to learn through the Ford Driving Skills For Life Academy. It is a great resource!
- Once you have completed your modified projects, please email them to: Strive4aSaferDrive@gmail.com.
We invite you to return next year to participate in S4SD. Your participation can make a difference in helping reduce teenage fatalities resulting from motor vehicle crash.
The first 30 schools to apply on or before Monday October 19, 2020 will qualify for a $100 visa gift card for early incentive to the program. Please email S4SD applications to Strive4aSaferDrive@gmail.com.
RIDE AND DRIVE EVENT UDPATE:
Thank you for being leaders in teen safe driving and overall traffic safety.
As a result of recent events with Covid-19 and school closings, unfortunately the Ford Ride & Drive event on May 4, 2020 has been cancelled.
The Ford DSFL team has released this statement below:
Cases of the COVID-19 continue to increase globally. The health and safety of our employees, dealers, customers and partners are always Ford’s highest priority. As a result, Ford Driving Skills for Life will postpone all global Ford DSFL programs scheduled through the end of April 2020. We will continue to evaluate programs scheduled after this time in a manner consistent with company directives and guidance from health agencies and other experts. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Strive for a Safer Drive (S4SD) is a teen driving initiative aimed at reducing serious traffic crashes, injuries, and fatalities among Michigan’s most inexperienced drivers – teens. It is presented by Ford Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) and the Michigan Office of Highway Safety Planning (OHSP). All Michigan High Schools are eligible to apply.
Current School Year: