The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
The VR&E Program, formerly known as vocational rehabilitation, assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find and keep suitable jobs. For veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, this program offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.
The VR&E Program includes the following services:
- Comprehensive rehabilitation evaluation to determine abilities, skills and interests for employment.
- Vocational counseling and rehabilitation planning for employment services.
- Employment services such as job-training, job-seeking skills, resume development and other work readiness assistance.
- Assistance finding and keeping a job, including the use of special employer incentives and job accommodations.
- Post-secondary training at a college, vocational, technical or business school, to include tuition, fees, books, supplies, and assistance with living expenses.
- Supportive rehabilitation services including case management, counseling and medical referrals.
- Independent living services for veterans unable to work due to the severity of their disabilities.