Outdoor Adventure Center Archery Programs
We have a variety of archery experiences you can choose from, ranging in price from a free “introduction” to a more in-depth, four-week class. To enhance your target practice, we offer standard National Archery in the Schools Program targets, 3D animal targets, paper targets and much more! Archers will have the opportunity to practice shooting distances of both 10 meters and 15 meters, in the advanced programs.
For all archery programs:
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older.
- Closed-toed shoes are required on the range.
- A signed waiver for all participants must be on file before accessing the range.
- Children under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- All equipment is provided. We recommend participants use provided equipment.
For paid archery programs (excludes Try-It programs):
- Outside equipment with a draw weight over 30 pounds is prohibited.
- Outside equipment (bows) must pass our safety test. If you are bringing your own bow, please arrive early for inspection. You may not bring your own equipment to Try-It archery programs.
- Crossbows and broadhead arrows are prohibited. Only target-grade arrows are permitted.
- The OAC does not secure outside equipment. Equipment must be stored outside of the building by participants who wish to visit the exhibit area after an archery program.
- The OAC does not provide assembly or maintenance support for outside equipment.
Check our events calendar for upcoming archery program dates.
This is your opportunity to give archery a try. This 30-minute program is designed as a brief introduction to archery. Participants will learn to safely handle a bow and shoot several arrows.
Participants must be 8 years of age or older. All equipment is provided. Preregistration is not available for this program. Limited to 12 participants per half-hour session. Participants must sign up onsite at the Outdoor Adventure Center on the day the program is offered. Sign-up will begin at noon and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Included with the price of Outdoor Adventure Center admission.
This is your chance to explore archery. This one-hour program will give participants the opportunity to learn how to safely handle a bow, learn proper stance, and shoot several arrows. Browse our Explore It program selections to find the program that best suits your interests! Participants must be 8 years of age or older. All equipment is provided. Limited to 18 participants.
Fee: $12 per class. Preregistration is required.
This four-week program will offer a more in-depth archery experience in a safe and fun environment. Each week students will focus on a different part of the shot process with fun drills and games to help you learn the sport of archery! The program will cover the steps of shooting and basic scorekeeping, and will provide plenty of shooting opportunities for students to refine their skills. Participants must be 8 years of age or older. All equipment is provided. Limited to 18 participants.
Fee: $60 (Includes four consecutive Sundays)
Graduate open shoot is available to students who have taken any paid archery program at the OAC (this excludes Try-It programs). Sessions will allow returning students the opportunity to practice their skills without having to go through the instructional portion of a class. Archery games may be available to archers upon request. All equipment is provided. Limited to 12 participants.