About the OAC
The Outdoor Adventure Center is an innovative destination that provides hands-on experiences. Learn about many outdoor recreation options in Michigan.
Along with Milliken State Park and Harbor, Belle Isle Park, the Dequindre Cut Greenway Trail and the Detroit Riverwalk, the OAC aims to:
- help visitors discover Michigan's state parks;
- teach people about natural resources and Michigan's rich economic history;
- connect Detroit's riverfront parks and nearby neighborhoods;
- provide recreational events for residents and visitors;
- introduce local residents to public recreation choices;
- acquaint the local community with choices for conservation careers; and
- help create a sense of place.
Construction of the OAC was funded through the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund and other partners.