The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Scout badge workshops
Scout badge workshops
Badge workshops can be scheduled during the school year via online registration.
Fee: $14 per Scout for all workshops; includes OAC patch.
Regular admission fees apply for family members, including siblings who wish to visit the building with Scouts after the program.
Workshops begin before noon and will be scheduled to end when the OAC opens to the public. They will take place both indoors and outdoors. Dress for the weather and wear close-toed shoes. Due to limited classroom space, only the Scout leader and another responsible adult may join the badge workshop. Family members, including siblings, are welcome to join the Scouts to explore the OAC exhibits when the building opens to the public at noon.
Minimum: 8 Scouts
Maximum: 20 Scouts (please note that Cadette Archery is limited to 12 Scouts)
- Bugs: 1.5 hours. Addresses requirements 1, 2, 4, and 5. ONLY OFFERED APRIL-JUNE.
- Hiker: 1.5 hours. Addresses requirements 1-3 and 5. Troops can pack a snack for their field trip to fulfill requirement 4.
- Outdoor Adventurer: 1.5 hours. Addresses requirements 1-4.
- Animal Habitats: 1.5 hours. Addresses requirements 1-3.
- Camper: 1 hour. Addresses requirements 1, 2, and 4.
- Archery: 1.5 hours. Addresses all requirements. LIMITED TO 12 SCOUTS.
- Trees: 2 hours. Addresses requirements 1-4. ONLY OFFERED LATE APRIL, MAY, JUNE, OCTOBER.
- My Tiger Jungle: 1 hour. Addresses all requirements.
- Tigers in the Wild: 1 hour. Addresses all requirements.
- Call of the Wild: 1 hour. Addresses all requirements.
- Paws on the Path: 2 hour. Addresses all requirements.
- A Bear Goes Fishing: 1.5 hours. Addresses all requirements. ONLY AVAILABLE APRIL-JUNE.
- Fur, Feathers and Ferns: 2 hours. Addresses all requirements.
- Earth Rocks: 1.5 hours. Addresses all requirements.
- Into the Wild: 2 hours. Addresses all requirements.
- Into the Woods: 1.5 hours. Addresses requirements 1-3 and 5.