The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Contact the OCA
How to Contact the Office of the Child Advocate:
The OCA is not an emergency intervention service.
If you are calling about a case in need of immediate action, call your local Department of Human Services off or law enforcement agency.
If you need to make a complaint of abuse or neglect, please call Centralized Intake at (855) 444-3911.
All contact with the OCA is strictly confidential.
Phone Office Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Within the Lansing Area: (517) 241-0400
- Outside the Lansing Area: 1-800-MICH-FAM (1-800-642-4326)
- Fax: 1-(517) 335-4471
- Write: Office of the Child Advocate
P.O Box 30026
Lansing, MI 48909
We also encourage you to contact our office via our online complaint form.
How to File a Complaint:
The intake investigator will need the following information from you:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Child(ren)'s name and date of birth
- Child(ren)'s county of residence
- Parent's names and dates of birth
- Name of the Agency Involved
- Caseworker's name(s)
- Names of the other agency officials you have spoken to
- A description of your complaint concern
- Action(s) you are requesting from the OCA
The Child Advocate will determine if the OCA has the authority to investigate your complaint. If the OCA is unable to investigate your complaint, the OCA will provide you with referral information to assist you in resolving your problem.