Department of Corrections
Review performance levels and trends by downloading the current MDOC Scorecard.
- May, 2018
- April, 2018
- March, 2018
- February, 2018
- January, 2018
- December, 2017
- November, 2017
- October, 2017
- September, 2017
- August, 2017
- July, 2017
- June, 2017 More
We create a safer Michigan by holding offenders accountable while promoting their success.
Our Vision is based on the following principles:
- We remain committed to the protection of the public, safety of our staff and security of offenders.
- We actively engage in the development of effective criminal justice policy.
- We ensure sound management using proven fiscal practices and outcome-oriented strategies.
- We hire, train, equip, support, and mentor a high quality staff and hold them to the highest professional standards.
- We provide humane and protective custodial care, rehabilitative opportunities, and reentry assistance for offenders under our supervision.
- We establish meaningful partnerships with public and private entities to assist us in successfully accomplishing our mission.
- We conduct all of our duties and responsibilities with the highest degree of integrity, expectations for excellence, and respect for the value and dignity of human life.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing for the right reason.
- Teamwork: Working together to get the job done.
- Leadership: Inspiring others to accomplish the mission.
- Excellence: Maintaining the highest standards in your professional and personal life.
- Respect: Treating others as you would like to be treated.
- Loyalty: Demonstrating commitment and dedication to the organization and to each other.
1. Enhance offender skills and promote success.
2. Improve employee engagement and enrichment.
3. Achieve team success through effective training.
4. Commit to continuing quality improvement through best practices.
5. Recruit, develop and retain a mission-driven workforce.
6. Improve organizational image.
7. Improve and invest in technology and infrastructure.