MDHHS - Aging & Adult Services Agency Senior Center Wellness Programs Funding Announcement
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services - Aging & Adult Services Agency (MDHHS), administers a grant program to fund senior center wellness programs.
Eligible Senior Centers must meet the following criteria:
• The center is located in Michigan and serves adults aged 60 and older.
• The center, or the organization under which it operates, has a 501(C)(3), other non-profit status, or a unit of general-purpose government or agency, or educational system.
• The center is not part of a senior housing complex or a residential housing facility.
• The center must be in good standing with the area agency on aging serving the county the center is located in.
• The funded programs must support mental and physical health maintenance and improvement for the participants, addressing such issues as, but not limited to:
o Physical activity
o Chronic illness and self-management
o Social isolation
o Addictive behavior
o Fall prevention
o Caregiver education and burnout prevention
o Medication management
o Information/education on COVID-19 topics
Supplies to keep participants safe and maintain social distancing during in-person programs may be purchased through this grant. All MDHHS Epidemic Orders concerning social gatherings, masks and other related issues must be followed.
Virtual programs/learning sessions are encouraged in light of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic. Costs associated with providing virtual programs, such as yearly cost of virtual platform, speakers and leaders are covered under this grant.
The planning office within the MDHHS Aging & Adult Services Agency reviews eligibility criteria, manages the application process, and administers purchase order agreements with those senior centers awarded funding.
This program requires reporting on grant expenditures, using the form below.
Applications are due November 18, 2020 and may cover eligible expenses incurred from December 1, 2020-September 30, 2021.
If you have any questions on this process, please contact Sherri King by phone at: 517-284-0167, or through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.