Aging & Adult Services Agency
- The Aging & Adult Services Agency (AASA) is Michigan's designated state unit on aging, formed under the Older Michiganians Act of 1981.
- AASA operates under the authority of the federal Older Americans Act, which was signed into law in 1965 to meet the diverse needs of the growing numbers of older adults in the United States.
- AASA's mission is to provide statewide leadership, direction, and resources to support Michigan's aging, adult services, and disability networks, with the aim of helping residents live with dignity and purpose.
- AASA's vision is for Michigan residents to live well as they age.
State Advisory Council on Aging
- The State Advisory Council on Aging is a 40-member advisory body to the Michigan Commission on Services to the Aging. Appointed by the commission, members of the advisory council study aging issues and recommend policy to the commission.
- Learn more about the State Advisory Council on Aging