Education and Training
ORS is committed to its partnership with school employers. With this in mind, we offer training to help you successfully report your employees' wages, hours, and contributions. To make these trainings accessible and convenient for you, we offer them in a variety of ways.
- Tutorials — Prerecorded sessions
- Webinars — Live online sessions
- Seminars — Onsite sessions throughout Michigan (None scheduled currently)
- Back-to-School Checklist – Use this checklist as a reminder of retirement reporting tasks associated with the beginning of the school year and the 2017 Reform (PA 92 of 2017).
- End of School Year Checklist — Use this checklist as a reminder of retirement reporting tasks associated with the end of the school year and the summer.
- Introduction to ORS Reporting — An overview of retirement, pension and reporting concepts and introduction to the resources needed to report to ORS. It is intended for new or recently hired payroll and reporting staff.
- Avoid FPD Errors — The most common Final Payroll Detail (FPD) errors are addressed in this job aid. This document is intended to help you through the FPD process.