Reporting Instruction Manual
The Reporting Instruction Manual (RIM) provides information and instructions to help you comply with the reporting and payment requirements of the retirement law. The information contained in the manual is adapted from statute, board decisions, and retirement system policy. Should there be any discrepancies between the Reporting Instruction Manual and the actual law, the provisions of the law govern.
The chapters of this manual are listed on the left navigation bar. You may need to scroll down to see all fifteen chapter names. Click on the chapter name to see the sections of the chapter. Or you may search the manual by using the Search box at the top right of the screen.
- Search results will include pages in the Reporting Instruction Manual as well as other pages on the Employer Information website.
- To see more RIM sections in your search results, click on the link that appears at the bottom right of the search results page and reads "repeat the search with the omitted results included."
- To find an exact phrase, put the phrase in quotes. The results will only include pages with the same words in the same order as the ones inside the quotes.
- For example searching on "defined contribution" will show only the results with that phrase, leaving out results with the word defined alone or contribution alone.
Additional Sources of Information
The Public School Employee's Retirement System website, the Pension Plus Retirement Plan website, and the Public School Employees' Retirement Act are valuable resources for you and your employees.
- 4.01.01: Gross Earnings for DC Plans (updated 05/20/2020)
- 10.09.01 How to Process the TDP Addendum (updated 05/19/2020)
- 15.01.09 File Layout Examples (updated 05/19/2020)
- 10.04.02 Obsolete - Agreement and Addendum File (marked obsolete 04/30/2020)
- 15.01.11 Obsolete - TDP Agreement/Addendum File Layout (marked obsolete 04/30/2020)
- 15.01.12 Obsolete - TDP Agreement/Addendum File Layout Continued (marked obsolete 04/302020)
- 8.02.02 Late Payment Fees (updated 12/12/2019)
- 4.02.00 IRS Reportable Compensation (updated 12/12/2019)
- 4.03.01 NSI for Superintendents 1110 (updated 10/29/2019)
- 4.03.02 NSI for Assistant Superintendents 1120 (updated 10/29/2019)
- 4.03.03 NSI for Administrative Assistants 1130 (updated 10/29/2019)
- 4.03.04 NSI for Colleges and Universities 1110,1120,1130 (updated 10/29/2019)
- 4.04.02 Tax-Sheltered Annuity Investments (updated 07/15/2019)
- 7.04.05 Using the Download Detail Link (updated 6/19/2019)
- 8.04.03 The Pay Cycle Statement (updated 06/19/2019)
- 8.04.04 The Recent Activity Page (updated 06/19/2019)
- 11.02: How to Report Final Payroll Details (updated 06/19/2019)
- 12.17 How to Create and Activate Your Payment Processor Account (updated 04/15/2019)
- 7.21.07 DTL4 for Terminated DC/PHF Participant (updated 03/22/2019)
- 3.02.03: Workers' Compensation (updated 03/20/2019)
- 4.04.16: Workers' Compensation (Wage Code 01) (updated 03/20/2019)
- 7.13.00: How to Report Workers' Compensation on a DTL2 Record (updated 03/20/2019)
- 4.08.02 Bonus Payments (updated 02/12/2019)
- 4.08.03 Other Payments (updated 02/12/2019)
- 4.08.00 FF/ORP/UAL Payments (removed 12/19/2018)
- 7.19.00 Reporting FF/ORP/UAL Wages on the Employer Reporting Website (removed 12/19/2018)
- 6.01.08 MIP or Basic Converted to Defined Contribution (DC) (updated 11/16/2018)
- 6.04.05 Contributions for Basic DC Converted with Premium Subsidy (updated 11/16/2018)
- 6.04.06 Contributions for Basic DC Converted with Personal Healthcare Fund (PHF) (updated 11/16/2018)
- 6.04.15 Contributions for MIP DC Converted with Premium Subsidy (updated 11/16/2018)
- 6.04.16 Contributions for MIP DC Converted with Personal Healthcare Fund (PHF) (updated 11/16/2018)