7.04.02: Populating Your Report
Populating a report means filling it with your reporting unit payroll data. There are three methods you can use:
- Upload – Using this method, you move a copy of a file containing your employee record data from your computer or network to the ORS system.
- Copy forward – Using this method, a copy of records from the last successfully posted report is automatically carried forward to the new pay period’s report.
- Create an empty report and enter data – Using this method, you create an empty or shell report. You then manually enter your employee records into the system using the Edit Retirement Detail Report process.
Let’s look at each method in more detail.
Uploading your report
This method requires a prepared file laid out in a specific manner. File layout instructions and examples are found in section 15: Programming. If you have questions or need assistance with the file layout, please contact your software vendor.
The uploaded file must also adhere to the following naming convention: “ReportingUnitNumber.Pay Period End Date.dat” For example, a file for a reporting period that started on 1/1/2002 and ended on 1/14/2002 for reporting unit number 12340 would be named: 12340.01142002.dat
Each file contains a unique header and footer, and detail records for the employer. The file should include all the data that has been added or changed since the last file was created. Note that you must wait overnight before you may view or edit a report populated with this method.
- Select the Upload your Report option, and click the Next button. The Upload File screen appears.
- Click on the Browse button to open the Choose File window.
- Browse your hard drive or network to locate the desired file.
- Select the file you want to open and click on the Open button. Upon returning to the Upload File page the name of the file will populate the File Upload field. Click the Begin Upload button to continue.
- A confirmation screen will open. Review the file information and if correct, click the I Agree button.
- The Create Retirement Detail Report Confirmation screen opens. NOTE: You must wait until the following day to view or edit the records in the uploaded file. However, you may add new records to the report at this time if necessary. For more information see section 7.07.01: Adding Records to a Report.
Did your report load properly? After you have loaded your report, you will receive a confirmation screen. The View Report Totals screen will give you a file status. There are three types of file statuses:
- In progress means that you loaded your report today, and it has not run through the overnight batch process.
- Loaded means that your report ran through the overnight batch process and has loaded successfully
- Not loaded means that your report did not load properly.
The report will process overnight and then the next day, the file status will change from In progress to Loaded. You will also receive an email confirmation telling you the status of your report.
If you can’t get your report to load, please contact Employer Reporting at 800-381-5111 for assistance.
Deleting and resubmitting a report. Once your report has successfully loaded you will want to look at the View Report Totals screen and possibly the details of your report. If this review reveals that your report is inaccurate or incomplete, you may want to delete and resubmit your report.
|1.||On the Work on Retirement Detail Reports screen, click on View Totals/Accept link under the View Totals column. If your report totals are completely off, proceed to step 2.|
|2.||Click on Edit Report link. If there are many suspended records, you may want to delete your report, correct your original file, and resubmit. See section 7.07.03 Deleting a Record in this chapter.|
If you have submitted your report but have not accepted it yet and no records have posted, then you can delete the report and start over. However, if you have accepted your report and any records have posted, you will need to work with that report as it was submitted. You can edit or delete any records that have not posted, but you will need to submit adjustment records for any records that have already posted.
Copying your report forward
Using the copy forward method of populating your report, records from your last successfully posted report are automatically carried forward to the new pay period’s report. Reports populated using this method are immediately available for review and editing.
The copy forward method is somewhat limited. This feature is only available if the last successfully posted report is no more than two reporting periods old and the number of employees does not exceed 150. You must check the report after copying forward as some records will not carry forward, such as retiree records and adjustments. You will need to add a record for any employees that are missing from your report.
|1.||Select Create a New Report from the Working on Retirement Detail Reports screen.
|2.||Enter your report begin and end dates.
|3.||Select the method by clicking on the radio button next to I would like to copy member records from the most current posted report to this report.
|4.||Click on the Next button.|
|5.||You will receive a confirmation screen.|
|6.||If you do not have any changes or additions to this report, you’re finished! If you do have changes or additions, see section 7.07.01: Adding Records to a Report.|
Using an empty report/data entry
This method allows you to manually enter each employee’s records.
- Select Create a New Report from the Working on Retirement Detail Reports screen.
- Enter your report begin and end dates.
- Select the method by clicking the radio button next to "I would like to create a report with no member records."
- Click the Next button.
- You will receive a confirmation screen. To enter the employee records, see section 7.07.01: Adding Records to a Report.
Last updated: 12/27/2018