7.10.00: Saving the Download Detail Retirement Reports
ORS strongly recommends that you retain a copy of the Download Detail retirement report after a payroll report is 100% posted. This report is a spread sheet version of the payroll report wages and service that posted to each member’s account at ORS. This data may be different from your in-house records but it shows exactly what ORS has on their system. Posted download detail reports are available online for you only for 12 months from the date of the report. We advise you to save a copy of the download detail for each report before the 12 month period is up. You can save the report on paper or electronically, it’s your choice.
Here is one way you can save a copy.
- Log in to the retirement reporting web site.
- Click on the Work on Reports link.
- Scroll down the page to the section titled Posted Reports.
- Click on the View Totals link for the report you wish to save.
- You are now on the View Report Totals page. Scroll down to section titled Report Totals for Regular and Adjustment Download Detail.
- Click on the Download Detail link to open the report. This opens your report in a spreadsheet format similar to Microsoft Excel.
- Click on File at the top of your screen and then select Save As.
- Navigate to the location you want to save your report. Type in the report file name. In the Save as type box change the file type to Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls). (See example below.)
- Click on the Save button. You have now successfully saved your report