7.14.00: How to Report Wages Without Hours on a DTL2 Record
Wages without hours payments, such as longevity pay that is paid regularly to all employees, and other reportable wages without hours, are considered reportable wages. The wage codes for reporting wages without hours are:
- Wage code 09 – Wages Without Hours
- Wage code 15 – Wages Without Hours Positive Adjustment
- Wage code 16 – Wages Without Hours Negative Adjustment
Some reporting units include wages without hours payments in their employee’s regular pay and report them under wage code 01. Other reporting units pay wages without hours in a separate lump sum payment. When wages without hours is paid in this way, use wage code 09 – Wages Without Hours.
When entering a separate Wages Without Hours record, note the following:
- Use the same class code as the employee’s regular pay. For example, the teacher class code 1240 should be used for a teacher’s regular wages as well as for a teacher’s wages without hours payment.
- The end date of the record must match the pay period end date of the report.
- The pay rate and frequency of pay must match those for regular wages. Note that the pay rate is the current rate of pay for the class code used on the DTL2 record.
To adjust a previously reported Wages Without Hours payment, use wage code 15 for a positive adjustment to a wages without hours payment, or wage code 16 for a negative adjustment to previously reported wages without hours.
Last updated: 04/13/2012