10.05.03: How to Submit an Adjustment to a DTL3 (TDP) Record

You can adjust a previously reported TDP deduction for a specific pay period by creating an adjustment record for the employee using the appropriate record type. Adjustments can only be made for prior pay periods.

Wage code 05 indicates a positive adjustment to one pay period for one employee.

Wage code 06 indicates a negative adjustment to one pay period for one employee. These adjustments are submitted on the Detail 3 (DTL3) record.

Positive and negative TDP adjustments are broken down by pay period. A TDP adjustment can be made for only one pay period at a time. If multiple pay periods need to be adjusted, you must submit a separate DTL3 record for each pay period.

Important Notes
If you have a TDP adjustment that is needed for a report prior to October 1, 2002, the detail must be forwarded to ORS to make the adjustment. Those adjustments cannot be done by you via the web reporting process.
If you submit a TDP adjustment for a pay period prior to April 1, 2005, and you cannot get the record to post correctly, please contact the Employer Reporting for assistance at 800-381-5111 or ORS_Web_Reporting@michigan.gov.

Last updated: 12/27/2018