10.10.01: Deduction Codes Used to Close an Agreement
The deduction code you submit on the DTL3 record can provide the reason for closing an agreement or addendum. See TDP Deduction Reason Codes for a complete list. Note the following important information:
- The identifying information, invoice/agreement number and social security number on the DTL3 record must match those on the agreement/addendum to which the deduction is being applied.
- After an agreement has been paid in full, you may submit one more DTL3 record with the deduction code 06 and deduction amount $0 to confirm the TDP agreement is completed. This record will suspend and return one of two messages. It will either confirm that the TDP agreement is paid in full, or it will inform you that a balance still remains. If the message confirms that the agreement is paid in full, please delete the DTL3 record from your retirement detail report. If the message indicates a balance due, contact Employer Reporting.
- When using a deduction reason code other than 01 – Valid Deduction, the TDP amount must be $0.00.
- Only use deduction code 02 – Agreement Suspended – Member Terminated, 04 – Agreement Closed – Member Deceased and 05 – Agreement Closed – Member Retired after all valid TDP payments have posted.
- DTL3 records with 04 – Agreement Closed – Member Deceased and 05 – Agreement Closed – Member Retired will post out of sequence and will irrevocably close TDP agreements. Contact ORS immediately if your require assistance. For this reason, ORS suggests these codes only be used after all other records have posted.
Last updated: 03/16/2012