What is Pure Michigan Fit?
- As a parent or caregiver of a young child, you play an important role in helping your child make good choices about the foods they eat to stay healthy, happy and active. Teaching your child healthy eating habits and promoting an active lifestyle are an investment in behaviors that can help a child grow into a healthy, active Pure Michigan FIT adult.
Pure Michigan FIT is a nutrition and fitness initiative that provides tools and resources for families to give children a good start toward a long, happy and healthy life. Pure Michigan FIT has brought together partners from throughout Michigan to grow a healthier Michigan, focusing initially on young children 0-5. The building blocks of health begin with healthy eating habits and physical activity at an earlier age, empowering our children to lead healthier lives.
News and Information
- Core Detroit Businesses Pledge to Support MI Healthier Tomorrow All across Michigan, businesses, organizations, leaders, and communities are coming together to recognize the serious consequences of obesity and to change Michigan's future. On Wed., Jan. 30, a group of core Detroit businesses announced their support and partnership with the MI Healthier Tomorrow campaign.
- Detroit Red Wings Foundation, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Kroger Team Up to Fight Childhood Obesity
- Video: School Assembly Program & Pure Michigan Fit - Lt. Governor Brian Calley approves Detroit Red Wings School Assembly Program (a Pure Michigan Fit Program)
- Michigan Fitness Foundation Announces Detroit Run: Auto Show Shuffle will follow Riverfront and Dequindre Cut
- Nomination Process for Governor's Fitness Awards Now Open