To be eligible for the Michigan Reconnect Skills Scholarship:
- Be at least 25 years old when you apply
- Have lived in Michigan for a year or more
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have not yet completed a college degree (associate or bachelor’s)
- Choose an occupational field of study in business management, construction, healthcare, manufacturing or information technology
To receive the Skills Scholarship, you must complete four steps:
- Apply online for Michigan Skills Scholarship. The application takes less than five minutes to complete and can be done on a mobile phone.
- Apply to your Eligible Training Provider. Visit MiTalent.org/MITC to view the eligible training providers for this scholarship. Insutructions to find an Eligible Training Provider.
- Submit your FAFSA. This is financial aid provided by the federal government.
- Enroll in an eligible program and start classes. You must be in school at least half time and stay enrolled continuously through graduation.
If you have already appllied for a Michigan Skills Scholarship and have been accepted, the next step is to find the training program you’d like to apply for using the link you will receive with your Skills Scholarship acceptance. The number of scholarships is limited, so it is first come, first served.