Skip to main content

What other types of financial support are available?

Your Michigan Skills Scholarship is not the only financial support available to help you get through school. You may receive additional financial aid from:

  • The federal government: As part of the application process, you are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). After completing the FAFSA, you may be awarded grants (that don't need to be repaid) if the program you are enrolled in is Pell-eligible.
  • Your training school may offer scholarships.
  • Some employers offer financial aid for employees going to school for new skills. Ask your supervisor for more information.
  • There may be public assistance available to help support you and your family while you are going to school through Mi Bridges.
    • These programs include:
      • Childcare assistance
      • Food assistance
      • Medical assistance
      • Cash assistance
      • Utility assistance