2020 Grandville Library Community Information and Enrollment SessionDate: March 05, 2020
Time: 03:00 PM - 07:30 PM
Location: Kent District Library- Grandville Branch, 4055 Maple Street SW, Grandville, MI
Join us for this free, drop-in session. Learn how to take advantage of Michigan's 529 college savings plans: Michigan Education Trust and Michigan Education Savings Program. Enrollment will be available on-site.
DON'T MISS OUT: MET will be offering a $100 matching grant* and waive the $25 enrollment fee for those who open a new MET contract during this enrollment session.
*Match Rules & Eligibility Criteria
The terms and availability of the matching grant are subject to change. MET may or may not extend the matching grant program once $10,000 has been awarded or beyond April 30, 2019, whichever occurs first.
- The Matching Grant is limited to $100 per Beneficiary.
- Initial MET contract purchase amount must be received before Matching Grant will be deposited into the Beneficiary’s account (minimum one credit hour purchase or first qualified monthly purchase contract payment).
- Purchaser must enroll at a Community Enrollment session.
- Purchaser may purchaser any type of MET contract and use any payment method.
- No age restrictions for the Beneficiary.
- Beneficiaries who received a previous matching grant are not eligible.
Notwithstanding the program’s design, the Internal Revenue Service could take the position that the Matching Grant is subject to federal income taxation in the year the Matching Grant is awarded. MET has not received confirmation by the State taxing authorities that the Matching Grant is exempt from Michigan income tax. Purchasers should consult their own tax advisor regarding the federal and Michigan tax treatment of the Matching Grant.
Grandville Community Enrollment Session Flyer