Valentine's Day is a lovely time to reflect on saving for college
Around Valentine’s Day, it’s fashionable to say that love is in the air.
But we here at the Michigan Education Trust are proud of the bonds we forge year-round with families saving for college.
For more than 30 years, MET has helped parents and other family members ensure a brighter future for their loved ones. We’re truly flattered that thousands of families have chosen to partner with us in preparing for college.
With Valentine’s Day upon us, it bears repeating that one of the best ways to show you care is by ensuring a child’s higher education.
It’s also a great time to celebrate the bonds we’ve forged with account holders.
But don’t take just our word for it. Here’s a sampling of praise that has been showered on us by MET account holders and beneficiaries over the years:
• “Having the MET benefits relieved a huge burden for me.” – Alex Brace, Lansing
• “There were no paperwork issues at all. The bill came to the kids and the amount was automatically paid by MET.” – Laurie Christesen, Newaygo
• “When we first started the process, I thought this was going to be too good to be true. It turned out to be even better than we thought it would.” – Michelle Simasko, Shelby Township
• “We have been thrilled with our experience and have told so many of our friends and family about it. To this day, my husband and I look at each other and say this is the best decision we ever made.” – Mary Fairbanks, Livonia
• “The whole theme of my story is the flexibility of the program – that’s why I’m such an advocate of it.” – Richard Czerwinksi, Dallas
• “I just wanted the security of knowing that if I got sick or something happened to both my wife and me that whoever raised our son wouldn’t have to worry about saving for his education. This has been a blessing to us. We never had to worry.” – George Johnson II, West Bloomfield Township
• “I’m an evangelist and advocate for MET. I tell everyone about it. It couldn’t have been a better investment.” – Pam Brady, Clinton Township