Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming virtual meetings
Nov. 24, 2020
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
With COVID-19 public health and safety in mind, most upcoming meetings have been changed to virtual meetings or conference calls. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific virtual and teleconference meeting information and, when finalized, meeting agendas. Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council – Dec. 8, 9 a.m., virtual/conference call (Contact: Yolanda Taylor, 517-284-5946)
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Dec. 17, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6136)
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – Dec. 16, 6 p.m. EDT, virtual (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Dec. 10, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Michigan Natural Resource Trust Fund Board – Dec. 2, 9 a.m., virtual/conference call (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954)
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee – Dec. 8, 2 p.m., conference call (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6136)
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – Dec. 4, 10:45 a.m., virtual (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747)
- Michigan Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – Dec. 2, 1 p.m., virtual (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
- Michigan Wildlife Council – Dec. 11, 10 a.m., virtual/conference call (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-242-8693)
- Northern Lakes Citizens Advisory Committee – Dec. 16, 2 to 4 p.m., virtual/Q-and-A session (Contact: Tim Cwalinski, 231-340-0276, for meeting details and premeeting information materials)
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – Dec. 3, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., virtual/conference call (Contact: Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790)
- U.P. Habitat Workgroup – Dec. 9, 9 a.m. to noon, virtual (Contact: Sarah Janda, 906-226-1332)
- Warmwater Resources Steering Committee – Dec. 15, 1 p.m., virtual (Contact: Seth Herbst, 517-388-7759)
Upcoming opportunities to serve
- Equine Trails Subcommittee, an advisory group providing guidance and recommendations on a statewide network of pack and saddle trails, has an open seat for the northern Lower Peninsula. Send letter of interest and resume to DNR-Trails@Michigan.gov by Dec. 18. For more information, contact Anna Centofanti at 517-331-6219.
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission is seeking candidates to fill four vacant seats available in February. Candidates must have knowledge of historic preservation and active involvement in civil rights, and must be academic-community knowledgeable in African-American history. Applications must be submitted by early December. Contact Sheri Giffin at 517-335-2591 for more information or apply here.
- Michigan State Waterways Commission is seeking a candidate to fill a vacant seat. It’s the commission’s goal to establish a new member, who will represent the general public, before its Dec. 4 meeting. For more information, call or email Michelle Wieber at 517-285-0747, or apply here.
- Michigan Trails Advisory Council, which advises the DNR and the governor's office on the creation, development, operation and maintenance of motorized and nonmotorized trails (including snowmobile, biking, equestrian, hiking, off-road vehicle and skiing) is accepting applications. Send letter of interest and resume to DNR-Trails@Michigan.gov by Dec. 18. For more information, contact Anna Centofanti at 517-331-6219.
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup advises the DNR on the creation, development, operation and maintenance of the state’s designated snowmobile trail system. Send letter of interest and resume to DNR-Trails@michigan.gov by Dec. 18. For more information, contact Anna Centofanti at 517-331-6219.