Council on Climate Solutions to meet July 27
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 22, 2021
Nick Assendelft, Public Information Officer, AssendelftN@Michigan.gov, 517-388-3135
The Council on Climate Solutions will discuss energy intensive industries at its meeting next week as it works with the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) and the Office of Climate and Energy to develop an effective and equitable strategy to achieve economywide carbon neutrality by 2050.
- When: 3-5 p.m. Tuesday, July 27. (The Council is scheduled to meet the fourth Tuesday of every month through December.) A draft agenda is posted online.
- How to join: Online meeting link and phone number are posted to Michigan.gov/Climate.
- Of note: Individuals needing language assistance or accommodations for effective participation at the meeting should contact Kimber Frantz at FrantzK@Michigan.gov or 517-284-5035 prior to the event to request language, mobility, visual, hearing, translation and/or other assistance.
- Background: Fourteen state residents appointed by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and representatives of several state departments make up the Council, with EGLE Director Liesl Clark as chair. The Council will advise EGLE in forming the MI Healthy Climate Plan, the governor's action plan to protect public health, create clean energy jobs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and transition toward statewide carbon neutrality.
- Public participation in the planning process: Email topical comments to the council or its five workgroups:
Recordings of previous Council meetings and two public listening sessions can be accessed through Michigan.gov/Climate.
EGLE does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, marital status, disability, political beliefs, height, weight, genetic information or sexual orientation in the administration of any of its programs or activities, and prohibits intimidation and retaliation, as required by applicable laws and regulations.
Sign up to receive updates about EGLE's climate and Catalyst Communities initiatives at Michigan.gov/EGLEConnect.
# # #