Skip to main content

Cigarette Sales

Required State License(s):  

A Tobacco Products Tax License is required when selling cigarettes or other tobacco products for resale or purchase any tobacco products other than cigarettes from unlicensed out-of-state sources. Prior to filling out a Registration for Michigan Taxes, be sure to call (517) 636-4630 to inquire about what licenses to file.  

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed to you about four to six weeks after your registration is processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660.  

Revised: 4/2005