Skip to main content

Computer Consultant

Required State License(s):

There is no state license required for computer consulting (advice on type of computer to buy, placement, etc.), computer servicing (repairs and installation), or word processing services.

Also, writing or preparing computer software does not need a state license.

When selling prepackaged software, a sales tax license is required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660 and request a 518 form.

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed to you about four to six weeks after your registration is processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

Revised: 4/2005