Skip to main content

Contractor (General)

Required State License(s):

A sales tax license is required with the Department of Treasury, Sales, Use and Withholding Tax Division; 517-636-4660.

All residential builders and maintenance and alteration contractors who construct, repair, alter or improve a residential or combination residential and commercial structure are required to be licensed.  Contact the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Professional Licensing at 517-373-8068 for licensure information or visit our website at


Revised:  10/15