Skip to main content

Deer Processing

Required State License(s):

When processing deer in conjunction with a meat processing plant, a license is required with the Department of Agriculture & Rural Development, Food Section; 1-800-292-3939.

Contact the Department of Treasury, Sales, Use and Withholding Tax Division for information about a sale and use tax license (518); (517) 636-4660.

Other Possible License(s): Federal USDA Food, Safety and Inspection Division inspects and licenses meat processing; (608) 240-4080.

Revised: 5/2017