Skip to main content


Licensing Information

A license as a residential builder or maintenance and alteration contractor in house wrecking is required when conducting demolition on a residential or combination residential and commercial structure.  Contact the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Construction Codes at 517-241-9316 for licensure information or visit our website at

See also NESHAP Asbestos Notification/Removal, which requires notification by an owner or operator of a facility demolition, or asbestos removal, to the Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy no less than 10 working days prior to the commencement of the project.

Revised: 12/2019