Skip to main content

Diaper Service

Required State License(s):

Contact the Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy at 800-662-9278 for environmental information.

When water/soap is discharged in the sewer, contact your local waste water treatment plant.

A use tax is applicable when diapers are purchased wholesale. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-4660 and request a 518 form.

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-4730.

Further Information:

Trade Association: National Association of Diaper Services, 994 Old Eagle School Road, Ste. 1019, Wayne, Pennsylvania, 19087, 610-971-4850, has a package of information on starting a diaper service; also offers accreditation through the Diaper Services Accreditation Council.

Revised: 12/2019