Skip to main content

Distressed Vehicle Transporter License

Click here to search the Michigan Secretary of State website for more information.

New!  Renewals for these tasks are accessible through the Michigan Treasury Online portal.


Name of Permit or License:

Distressed Vehicle Transporter License


Class E (Distressed Vehicle Transporter) - A licensed distressed vehicle transporter can only buy from or sell and transport vehicles to Class C Used Vehicle Parts dealers, Class F Scrap Metal processors or Class R Automotive recyclers. Class E dealers are prohibited from selling parts or dismantling vehicles. All dealers are licensed by the Michigan Department of State.

Program Web page:

Who Needs a Dealer License

Related Content:

Application for a dealer license


Creation/Revision Date:

Revised: 07/2014