Skip to main content

Food Cart

Required State License(s):

A Mobile Food Service license (see Food Service License for details) is required. This license applies to mobile vendors, hot dog stands, ice cream vendors, push carts, etc.

A sales tax license is required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-4660 and request a 518 sales tax form.

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-4730.

To set up a concession stand in a state-owned park, including the state fair, an approval is required with the Department of Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation Division. You may contact the Parks and Recreation Division by phone at 517-284-7275 or via email at

Other Possible License(s):

Contact the local city clerk office for vendor permit information.

Revised: 1/2017