Skip to main content


Required State License(s):

When a person has to provide something of value (for example, money or canned goods) to enter a game of chance (for example a drawing/raffle) to win a prize, that game of chance usually needs to be licensed by the Michigan Lottery Charitable Gaming Division.

For more information, go to or call the Michigan Lottery Charitable Gaming Division at (517) 335-5780.

Further Information:

A state license is not required for pinball machines, video games, or crane games; however, most cities do license these type games.  Contact the city clerk's office for further information.

Revised: September 2013