Skip to main content

Groom (Stable Attendant)

Required State License(s):

Any individual who engages in the business of taking care of horses at a race facility is required to be licensed with the Michigan Gaming Control Board. Licenses must be renewed annually.

Visit for downloadable applications, locations and schedules of licensing offices, and other information about horse racing in Michigan or call 313-456-4100.

You may also contact or visit the racing office located at the Michigan racetrack where you will be employed.

Revised: 01/28/2014