Skip to main content

Internet Advertising

Required State License(s)

No state license is required. However, if any products are included in the service, a sales or use tax license may be required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660.

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

Further Information:

In reference to House Bill No. 4972, Public Act 93 of 1998:

A person who receives an advertisement in violation of Act PA 93 of 1998 may file a civil suit in the court of proper jurisdiction to recover actual damages or $500.00, whichever is greater, plus reasonable attorney fees, if any of the following occurred before the person received the advertisement.

The Attorney General issued a notice to cease and desist under Section 3 to the person who sent the advertisement.

The person who sent the advertisement entered into an assurance of discontinuance under Section 4.

The person notified the sender in writing that the sender did not have the person's consent to sent an advertisement.

Revised: 4/2005