Skip to main content

Jockey-Apprentice Jockey

Required State License(s):  

A jockey/apprentice jockey who participate at pari-mutuel tracks are required to be licensed with the Michigan Gaming Control Board.   Licenses must be renewed annually.

Visit for downloadable applications, locations and schedules of licensing offices, and other information about horse racing in Michigan or call (313) 456-4100.

You may also contact or visit the racing office located at the Michigan racetrack where you will be participating. 

Revised: 01/28/2014