Skip to main content

Lightning Rod

Required State License(s):

Any person engaged in the business of electrical contracting who is not in a licensing jurisdiction should be licensed with the State Electrical Administrative Board. Contact the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Construction Codes, Electrical Division; 517-241-9320.

Other Possible License(s):

A sales tax license may be required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-4660.

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-4730.

Revised: 6/2017