Skip to main content

Loan Broker Licensing Information

Required State License(s):

There is no state license unless the individual or business is brokering:

  1. Real estate mortgages: See "Mortgage Broker"
  2. Investments rather than loans (the distinction may require professional advice) -- requires an Investment Advisor license from the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Corporations, Securities, and Commercial Licensing Bureau at 517-335-5237 for licensure information or visit our website at

Revised: 01/2020