Skip to main content

Motorized Trailer Repair

Required State License(s):

The Michigan Department of State's Business Licensing and Regulation Division (BLRD) licenses and regulates Michigan's motor vehicle repair facilities and mechanics. For more information visit our website or call 1-888-SOS-MICH (888-767-6424).

Further Information:

There is NO state license required for small engine repair (lawn mower engines, etc.) However, if parts are sold to an individual who will be repairing their own mowers, a sales tax license is required with the Department of Treasury. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660 and request a sales tax license.

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

Revised: 07/2014