Skip to main content

Noncommunity Water Supply Permits (Type II)

Well construction permits are required from county or district health departments before starting well construction.

EGLE contracts with local health departments to issue construction permits for drinking water supplies serving business and industries that do not have municipal water available. EGLE is responsible to train and oversee the local health departments that have been delegated authority to issue permits for public water systems (other than community water supplies) under the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), 399 PA of 1976 as Amended..

EGLE is responsible to oversee the local health departments that have authority to implement Part 127, Water Supply and Sewer Systems, Public Health Code, 1978 PA 368, as amended, and Administrative Rules.

Visit our website at for more information.

Revised 12/2019