Skip to main content

Private Detective or Investigator

Contact the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Corporations, Securities, and Commercial Licensing Bureau at 517-241-9221 for licensure information or visit our website at

Other Possible License(s):

"Capital Finders" charge other companies a fee to locate sources of capital, investors. A license is required.

"FHA Finders" locate people who are owed money by the FHA on mortgage insurance policies. There are several variations: (i.e., dormant account finders, etc.). Individuals requiring more information about FHA requirements should contact FHA directly at:

"Investment Finders" is one who participates in the offer to sell, the sale or the purchase of securities or commodities by locating, introducing or referring potential purchasers or sellers. A license is required.

Revised: 1/2020