Skip to main content

Rentals - General

Required State License(s):

A use tax license may be required for rentals. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

Further Information: For "rent-to-own" establishments, the Retail Installment Sales Act, MCLA 445.851 - 445.872 should be reviewed for interest rate limitations and rental contract requirements.

Revised: 11/2002