Skip to main content

Sewage Treatment Plant Operator(Municipal)

Required State License(s):

When responsible for supervisory control of the sewage or waste treatment works of a municipal entity; city, county, or metropolitan district; certification is required with the Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy at 800-662-9178 for further information.

Any drinking water or wastewater system or portion of a system which has been classified in accordance with EGLE rules shall be under the supervision of an operator in charge, who shall be certified in the system classification as specified.

For more information regarding drinking water or wastewater operator certification, please visit Michigan.Gov/EGLEOperatorTraining 


Revised: 12/2019